Real Name: Matthew Frank. My background is in parallel computer architecture. I was on a team that built one of the first manycore processors. I've written runtime systems, operating systems and parallelizing compilers. I taught digital design, computer architecture and operating systems classes at a large land-grant university in the midwestern United States for a few years. I am currently working on programming tools for multi-core and GPGPU.
My old academic web page is still active if you are interested in seeing what I used to work on: http://ipa.ece.illinois.edu/pubs.php.
Top Network Posts
- 65Why does a processor have 32 registers?
- 49Time complexity of a compiler
- 33How do I use a boost condition variable to wait for a thread to complete processing?
- 21What does the processor do while waiting for a main memory fetch
- 20Is it possible to write an Operating System completely in C?
- 20Using humans as components to build a computer?
- 18Contrasting Peterson’s and Dekker’s algorithms
- View more network posts →