I've been active on Code Review and I think that the site has potential, but voting is very uneven and I am not at all convinced that questions and answers are getting enough votes to encourage users.

What would voting statistics for a healthy site look like? Is it even possible to determine what healthy voting patterns look like?

1 Answer 1

Voting is already measured, however not directly, but via users reputation.

There's no real reputation without upvotes. Without active voting it's hardly possible to achieve the following:

• 150 users with 200+ rep (currently 21 users with 200+ rep)
  • 10 users with 2,000+ rep (currently 0 users with 2,000+ rep)
  • 5 users with 3,000+ rep (currently 0 users with 3,000+ rep)
While that may be true, I'm not convinced that it is sufficient. How many questions/answers does it take to get to 2000 rep? If the number is too high, some users are going to feel that their work is not being rewarded and they'll drop out. –  Donald.McLean Jun 20 '12 at 16:55

@Donald.McLean You could try something like measuring the distribution of question scores and answer scores and look at the common score ranges across various sites (in other words, what someone with a reasonable post could expect to earn from a question or an answer). That's a bit difficult to do on beta sites though, as they aren't part of the SE Data Explorer. –  Troyen Jun 20 '12 at 17:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .