The Islam proposal is about to go live, but the creator of the proposal is missing!

enter image description here

Perhaps the user who proposed Islam no longer has an account, but shouldn't it show something a bit more... descriptive?

I would imagine something more like what SO shows for a missing user:

Something like what, exactly? – kotekzot Jun 14 '12 at 0:30

So you want to see the "no avatar" picture? – kotekzot Jun 14 '12 at 0:38
@kotekzot: I think that would be better than an empty spot, yes. And something better than "delete" in place of the name. – Flimzy Jun 14 '12 at 0:42
its not even deleted, its delete!!! so confusing – user57949 Jun 14 '12 at 2:18
You're right, it's pretty silly. +1 – kotekzot Jun 14 '12 at 3:17

@HaLaBi: Based on the answer below, it appears that "delete" was the user's name. heh... – Flimzy Jun 14 '12 at 18:53

@Flimzy Yes you are right.. I even made sure, I found another site with a deleted creator and his name was shown there. area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/5356/… – user57949 Jun 14 '12 at 18:56
up vote 4 down vote accepted

This is fixed now. Area 51 is now consistent with the rest of the network in that it shows an anonymous gravatar placeholder for deleted users, along with their last display name prior to deletion:

It still says "delete" on Islam site proposal – Dynamic Jun 18 '12 at 17:00
@Dynamic The proposal creator changed their display name to "delete" prior to their account being deleted. – Emmett Jun 18 '12 at 18:05

@Dynamic Changing the name to "delete" is asked to confirm that who asks for an account deletion can access that account. – kiamlaluno Jun 21 '12 at 15:46

@kiamlaluno Then that causes display issues, and the username shown should be the one before changing it to "delete". – hexafraction Jun 25 '12 at 12:11
@ObsessiveFOSS Or it could be changed to a generic user<user-id>. At least, it would not be clear there are different users. – kiamlaluno Jun 25 '12 at 14:10

But it still shouldn't say "delete". – hexafraction Jun 25 '12 at 16:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .