I want to ask a question but I don't know where to go, my guess is that there may not be a site for this and maybe can point me the best substitute:

• Ask a question about network administration: routers, switches, etc.
  • Ask a question about jobs: requirement for a position, what can be done with a list of skills, questions about CV, etc.

Thank you people.

add comment

1 Answer

up vote 3 down vote accepted
  • Network administration is covered by the long-existing site Server Fault.
  • Many job- and career-related questions would find a home at The Workplace (currently in commitment).

No offense but "Server Fault is a Q&A site for system administrators and desktop support professionals that’s free", system administration is very different from network administration, it requires specific knowledge protocols and hardware (routers, switches) and specific software (IOS, ...). Many good system administrators are network administrators too but not necessarily. Thanks for the Workplace! –  Aki Feb 28 '12 at 6:03
@Aki Where did you see this description? The FAQ reads “Server Fault is for Information Technology Professionals needing expert answers related to managing computer systems in a professional capacity.” and lists “Network routing, switches, and firewalls” as on-topic. The system admin community on SF is bigger than the network admin community, but there are plenty of network admin questions. –  Gilles Feb 28 '12 at 9:57

here serverfault.com/about. Thanks I will go there then. –  Aki Feb 28 '12 at 10:13
add comment

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .