I understand a great deal of the commitment process is about getting dedicated users, and reaching out to external communities is less reliable in fulfilling that goal. But as I understand the scores, we currently only need 22 more members and 5% (= 25 points) more commitment score to reach beta, which would be satisfied even by 22 blank slate newbies. Besides that, linguists tend to be a passionate, dedicated bunch and we'd be rather likely to pick up a few solid members, eh?

So is there any reason not to post up a link (along with a gentle intro to the ways of SE) in the FYIs on Linguist List?

Perhaps I am overlooking something; I am fresh here myself.

Proposal: Linguistics

Of course I would be willing to do so, but I would be more than satisfied if someone experienced swooped in and executed it more deftly than I. –  tdhsmith Sep 2 '11 at 23:14
Well I just went ahead and posted it there. Submission to appear shortly, or however long the moderation cycle takes. –  tdhsmith Sep 3 '11 at 6:26

Of course I chose the night before the server went haywire. I'm not sure if they lost the submission, or if they are just really backed up now. –  tdhsmith Sep 6 '11 at 16:25
I found out about this on LinguistList, so it did indeed get out there! Thanks for this. I've already sent out an email to my dept., so we should be at beta in no time! –  Christina Bjorndahl Sep 7 '11 at 6:14

@ChristinaBjorndahl The site is now in Beta and has been for a long time, did you get feedback? –  Alenanno May 15 '12 at 9:16

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .