Proposal: Bohurt- Full Contact Medieval Combat

How can we expand this site to make it more appealing to others?

I fell there is a need to expand this site in order to attract others to join in this site. How can we do it?

Renaissance Festivals are popular currently, with some significant events. The current proposal is is very narrow. I am not an expert but I believe the current proposal would be a small segment of a larger proposal that focused on the entire Renaissance re-enactment movement. You might also want to consider the fairy creatures (as opposed to cosplay based on comic characters) which share similar followers, as do Viking.

At modern events it is not unusual to see a Knight in full armor, standing next to a Viking and/or a Fairy, with a Pirate not far off.

Pretty much anything that is listed at http://www.therenlist.com/ shares enough of a common following to form a shared group on SE.

It would seem that a general "Historical Reenactment" site would be useful and broader than this site's tight scope... something that follows the general date range of what the Society for Creative Anachronism (and most other similar societies) adheres to (roughly 600 - 1600 AD).

The Society for Creative Anachronism, or SCA, is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts, skills, and traditions of pre-17th-century Europe.

While this is limited to earlier historical times (generally Medieval to Renaissance), it could potentially appeal to a larger group of people interested in historical recreation activities up into the more recent 1700-1800s you'd see in groups that do US Civil War re-creations.

Whether or not you would open it up to include the more mythological realms that have been commonly seen at Medieval and Renaissance faires (fairy creatures, elves) or alternate history sort of things like Steampunk/Gaslamp fantasy... that's up to the proposal to determine.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .