Proposal: Wildlife

The Great Outdoors SE has a wildlife tag, and it seems to be a fairly active tag, judging by the current questions

The current questions about wildlife on The Great Outdoors SE are mostly related to camping or hunting.

My intention is a SE site for those studying wildlife (Birdwatchers, Marine Biologists, Rangers, etc.) who have scientific questions about undomesticated animals. Flight patterns for migrating birds, hibernation periods for bears in a certain area, lifespan of a dolphin, and alike questions.

Not questions about wildlife related to outdoor activities undertaken by people e.g. how can I avoid getting eaten by a bear while camping. These would belong on TGO SE. If asked on Wildlife SE it would need to be something like; Are Grizzly bears known to attack campers/hikers without being provoked?

Then, why is Biology not enough? – Nij Feb 23 at 8:49

I think these questions would still be okay, but I admit you may have a point. I have started a meta question at TGO to discuss it. – cobaltduck Feb 23 at 14:51

Anything not on topic in TGO would be on topic in Biology. FYI you wouldn't be the first to propose basically the same site but all we're closed as duplicates eventually. – Liam Feb 23 at 14:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .