I noticed that pressing "Share This" under "Commit!" button produces a referral link.

While itself it's good (it allows to see who invited a new user), IMHO it can be even better. I'd like to see the following feature:

To be able to specify some string when generating referral link; this string is encoded (steganographed) into URL; then when somebody commits using that URL, I'm able to see the string (this allows be to assign different tags for URLs that I publish into different places, and thus to see what invitation way appears to be more effective).

What do you think about it? Would it be something useful? Or just useless developers' effort?

You do know that Area 51 is probably not getting any dev time now? – Mithrandir Jan 18 at 8:52

@Mithrandir, no, I didn't know that. Anyway, I don't request anything (it's currently more "does someone consider it useful?" than "please, do it"). Do you think I should remove this question? – Sasha Jan 18 at 9:21
No don't remove it. It's a good idea, worth putting up, but the devs just probably won't do it because they're planning on replacing A51 at some point anyway. – Mithrandir Jan 18 at 9:22

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .