Proposal: Housework

There is always more than one way to do a chore.

How will two answers that are of equal validity (i.e. both work effectively and efficiently) be evaluated?

Will this boil down to how the overall SE model is based; up-votes and/or user acceptance?

closed as off-topic by Robert Cartaino Jan 4 at 14:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "This question does not appear to be about a Stack Exchange site proposal, the Area 51 process, or the Area 51 software." – Robert Cartaino
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Hang on to your question until the site is actually launched. I can appreciate your enthusiasm for getting started on the broader administrative challenges of running this site, but it is best to save these questions for the folks who are going to be actively using this site in actual practice. Area 51 is for questions about getting the proposal launched. Sorry about the confusion. – Robert Cartaino Jan 4 at 14:02
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Accepting answers on Housework.SE would work in much the same way as on any other SE:

The bottom line is that you should accept the answer that you found to be the most helpful to you, personally.

-- source

Accepting an answer doesn't have to mean "this answer is more correct than any of the others", or even "this answer is correct". It just means "this is my favourite answer". If you want to accept an answer which is 100% wrong, it's your good right to do so, and that answer will remain at the top no matter how many downvotes it gets.

On a more practical note, questions with no single objectively correct answer are common on many sites (the most relevant example would probably be Lifehacks), and as far as I know, this has never led to any serious problems with the working of the site.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .