Proposal: Non-alcoholic beverages

There is existing Coffee site on SE in beta stage, but I think it would be more logical to have a site with bigger potential audience, where many other people could find their answers (It was also kind of discussed in discussion related to closed tee proposal ).

I actually don't see a single reason why is better to have coffee instead of drinks altogether, but we have Beer, Wine & Spirits so I proposed only non-alcoholic drinks (that looks like a logical distribution).

I am sorry, but could some of you downvotes guys please tell me why you are downvoting it? I really think it would be a benefit for SE. – TGar Dec 29 '16 at 20:13

I didn't vote but your question looks like you are suggesting merging an existing (Coffee) site with a proposed site (NAB) which is discussion that would be appropriate on the meta for the existing site and has already happened. That being said you have a proposal that includes coffee in the scope and that is fine, there is a bicycle site and an outdoors site both of have questions about bicycles being on topic. – James Jenkins Dec 29 '16 at 23:35

Ok, but it doesn't seem logical to have two sites with the same topics, does it? You are saying this should on Coffee meta...? (I actually don't have an account there, but that is not a problem) Or which meta? What would you suggest I should do next with this issue? – TGar Dec 30 '16 at 10:08

It has already been discussed on coffee, see the link in my previous comment? I am saying don't worry about it. If you have a site about 100+ drinks and one of them happens to have a site of it's own it is not an issue, as long as the majority of your example questions are not about coffee, the site can potentially move forward. – James Jenkins Dec 30 '16 at 10:13

@JamesJenkins but in the discussion you linked, they are only talking about tea being off-topic. It seems pretty clear that it is off-topic on Coffee site. What I am suggesting is little bit different (coffee inside Drinks, not tea inside Coffee and also bigger (includes all drinks, not only tea and coffee) – TGar Dec 30 '16 at 10:21
I think I have summarized well about coffee in my answer here - you initially asked in your comments why your question got down voted. I have tried to explain why I think it got down voted, but you seem to be confusing the 'why it got down voted' with the' idea of including coffee in the proposal'. The two things are necessarily not the same. – James Jenkins Dec 30 '16 at 14:48

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .