Proposal: Finding works

Greetings to all!

I fail to see how this proposal is substantially different from another existing site which already permits questions about finding employment, The Workplace. From their Help Center on what topics can be asked about:

The Workplace Stack Exchange is a Q&A site about the workplace and other career-related topics. With your help we're working to build a library to every question about the workplace related to:

• Finding employment (resumes/cv/cover letters, recruiters, hiring-managers, interviews, negotiations, etc.)

How would this proposal be substantially different from what is or is not permitted on the Workplace site, which already permits questions about these things? Or, are you providing a different scope for "finding employment"?

Follow-up: After discussion with Workplace people, some of the examples are on topic, but the ones that are off-topic on Workplace would be opinion based anyways, and would not be enough to support a site of this type of proposal. (In my opinion). – Thomas Ward Dec 6 '16 at 0:35

Should i delete this proposal? and i edited proposal's name. – sun-solar-arrow Dec 6 '16 at 11:28

@Sun-Solar-Arrow the name change was good. Just let it run it's course now. If it does not get 5 followers and/or 5 questions in the first 3 days it will auto close. – James Jenkins Dec 6 '16 at 12:39

As you noted, workplace.SE specifically avoids many of these questions. They are often opinion based and often highly specific, but I think Stacks are pretty resilient against both of these. Consider these examples:

• Code review (highly specific, a big success)
  • Parenting (highly subjective)
  • Puzzles (highly unconventional and custom)
  • Workplace (let's not kid ourselves - very subjective, succeeded anyway)

I would stick with this proposal. Finding Employment will have a very different flavor and very different specifications for good questions than workplace.SE

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .