Proposal: Stateless Societies

Aren't all those questions already on-topic on Politics?

I would say so, as there is already an anarcho-capitalism tag. – Chloe Mar 6 at 3:26

No.

Or rather, not for some of the questions I would like to see on this site: What does anthropological or archeological evidence tell us about actually existing (now or in the past) stateless societies?

If you want to ask a history question, that's what History is for. – Nij Mar 22 at 0:26

.. except that the questions I mean are typically anthropology or archeology and history.se is very explicit on excluding other social sciences. The scientific discipline history is defined by the method (studying written sources) and by the question (what happened), at least according to many active history.se users. Other social sciences are about developing theories how certain societies worked. – martin Mar 22 at 7:52

No.

From the Politics Tour Page:

Politics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people interested in governments, policies, and political processes.

In comparison to this proposal's current descrption:

Proposed Q&A site for individuals interested in the history, philosophy, and social science of self-governance based on voluntary association and non-hierarchical organization

Additionally, the Politics community is generally exceptionally harsh to any discussion related to the topics this site proposes, plus this proposal will likely delve into broader social science and humanities discussions.

How is self-governance based on voluntary association and non-hierarchical organization not a subset of governments and political processes? – gerrit Nov 29 '16 at 19:11

@gerrit Because it includes not having governments at all. – Paul Nov 29 '16 at 20:11

@gerrit Also, assuming discussions of Anarchy in popular culture are on-topic, Lord of the Rings is actually a very powerful Anarchist work written by a self-professed Anarchist. I can't see Lord of the Rings as being on-topic at Politics. There would be other similar examples. – Paul Nov 29 '16 at 20:12

The study of the absence of governments should be very relevant for those who study governments. I don't know if governments in works of fiction are on- or off-topic on Politics (but I imagine they are on-topic on SciFi or Worldbuilding). – gerrit Nov 29 '16 at 20:32

@gerrit The biggest issue I have will all similar claims you are making now is that everything in Unix & Linux (literally, the entire site) is completely on-topic at something like half a dozen SE sites. So it is never clear to me why this particular issue is considered to be so vitally important. – Paul Nov 29 '16 at 20:39

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .