Proposal: Hebrew Language

In the answer to the question Are recommendations for language learning resources on topic? stated, that each individual site can decide whether the recommentation questions about various learning resources are welcome or not. So how it will be in the Hebrew Language?

I vote for "welcome"!

Here is why. Personally I find recommendation questions on other sides very useful, while:

• You get much better information compared to the google search, because that information is based on experience. In most cases, you can't try yourself all possible solutions to your question to acquire that kind of knowledge.
  • You can often pick up new important criteria for your decision, that wasn't obvious for you.
  • The rating of the answers shows the opinion of the community.

Yes, the answers get outdated. But StackExchange deal with it pretty well by putting those answers below of the new and updated answers. Also you can always check the date of the last modification yourself. So it never bothered me.

Of cause, this all works well only, if the questions are formed as stated in the answer to the question referenced above:

... each question must have a problem to be solved which provides enough context for one answer to be judged against another

Example (from the answer):

• Bad question :(

What resources are there for learning Chinese radicals?

• Good question :)

Is there something portable, physical and visual I can use to practice Chinese radicals while travelling? (not an app)

Please put forward an argument for why they should be welcomed. – curiousdannii Nov 10 '16 at 1:28

@curiousdannii Added argumentation, why I this, that this is a good idea. – Boris Brodski Nov 10 '16 at 9:46

@DOWNVOTERS of the QUESTION: If you don't like recommendation questions, that's Ok. Please, just add your own answer or Upvote an existing one. – Boris Brodski Nov 10 '16 at 9:48

Recommendation questions are problematic on nearly all sites, except perhaps those that are dedicated to recommendation questions. I see no reason for this site to be different. It's easy to search for resources for learning Hebrew. If anyone wants recommendations they can always ask in chat.

I can't agree with you on the chat thing. In the chat you can reach very limited amount of people. Also no experience can be gathered that way. – Boris Brodski Nov 10 '16 at 9:51

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .