How will a Stack Exchange site about Anarchism be moderated?

Proposal: Anarchism

closed as off-topic by Hamlet, James Jenkins, Robert Cartaino Oct 30 '16 at 14:39

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "This looks like a question for a site that hasn't been created, yet. This forum is designed to discuss these proposals to create new sites. If a site is created for this subject, you might be able to ask your question there, but I have to close this as 'off topic' for this forum. Sorry about the confusion." – Robert Cartaino
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Please be more precise about what aspects of moderation you mean. Do you think that the standard moderation system of Stackexchange would be unsuitable? If so why do you think that? – Philipp Oct 27 '16 at 12:30

Hang on to your question until the site is actually launched. Discussions about how a site will actually be administered/moderated are best left to the folks who are actually going to use this site. Area 51 is best kept to issues like viability, scope, and how to get these sites launched. – Robert Cartaino Oct 30 '16 at 14:39

@Robert if a site can't be moderated, it isn't viable. That's why we reject non-English sites, right? I suspect the close reason you chose is for "main" questions, not "meta" questions, BTW. – Andrew Grimm Oct 30 '16 at 20:41
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I think the OP is hinting that a stack that is about Anarchism would become (hint!) an anarchy. While that is an interesting idea, there doesn't seem to be any precedent for it. Robotics.SE isn't run by robots, nor is Space Exploration.SE hosted in space. RPG.SE isn't moderated like a role playing game (at least beyond the typical SE gamification), and Workplace.SE isn't run like a workplace.

And if the experience on Wikipedia is anything to go by, the outcome will be anarchy in the common sense, with endless squabbling between proponents of the different versions, until grown-ups step in and put a stop to the fighting. – Mark Oct 31 '16 at 22:56
The use of the word 'anarchy' both in the question and this answer, is a very narrow and stereotypical type of a use. There is a lot of history behind that word and many people do not equate 'anarchy' with 'chaos' as the stereotype is implying. For many, the purpose of such a Q&A site would be to help with understanding such. – Paul Nov 5 '16 at 22:33

@Paul Agreed. I would only add that there is a lot of knowledge to built around this subject which will evidently include agreements and disagreements but using chaos as analogy can only be detrimental for an healthy debate (erh, erh..., at least as much as that can happen in a Q&A site). – armatita Nov 9 '16 at 15:31

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .