Proposal: Google

We already have a SE for Android users.

Does this proposal's scope exclude or include questions about Android?

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Yes, this proposal scope include about an Android. But not if your question generally covers...

• Using your Android device
  • Using a particular app on your Android device
  • Trying to solve an error or other issue in using your Android device

So, what kind of question can ask here?

You can ask very basic question like new updates added by Google in last android version, when next version will launch etc..

What do you mean? it is about Android. – Div Nov 2 '16 at 17:07

By Android I understand the base of OEM operative systems, and doesn't include the specifics of each brand/model, the use of particular apps, troubleshooting devices. There is already a site for those topics, android.stackexchange.com. – Rubén Nov 2 '16 at 17:23

About Android does not mean to just OS, It's also about paste and future of Android. And here I'm not talking about brand/model, the use of particular apps, troubleshooting devices – Div Nov 5 '16 at 9:43

I'm sorry, I skipped the not if (could you put that in bold, please) – Rubén Nov 5 '16 at 19:37
It's OK, I updated :) – Div Nov 5 '16 at 19:40

Thanks. Ask Different was launched five years ago and many happens since then. Anyway, this proposal requires more followers/voters/askers – Rubén Nov 5 '16 at 20:16

It will allow / not allow questions like about :

• the Android ecosystem but not about how to use and Android OEM/carrier specific version.

• the names of the major versions (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, etc.) but not about when a specific OEM/carrier will release an update for a specific model.

• the communities that collaborate providing open source software but not about the development status of a specific feature.

As I commented on the other answer, after re-reading the proposal, I noticed that the examples provided on this answer *are not about using Android. I'm adding this a comment because the answer already has an upvote. – Rubén Oct 27 '16 at 5:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .