A couple of months ago, I asked a question about expertise in astrology, and I can't find it any more.

I understand that the proposal it mentioned has since been deleted, but the question is applicable to quite a few other proposals.

Was it deleted by a mod who is in favour of proposals like astrology?

up vote 3 down vote accepted

When proposals are deleted all the meta questions (Area51 discussion) that are linked only to them are also deleted. Most of these questions are not read or reviewed before deletion, malice is not intended, just housekeeping.

Depending on how long it has been a moderator may or may not be able to recover and undelete the post.

This has been the subject of previous meta discussions, but but I am not finding any of them currently.

"This has been the subject of previous meta discussions, but but I am not finding any of them currently." - maybe they were deleted. :) – Andrew Grimm Sep 25 '16 at 10:06

That seems troubling - and lends more credence to the idea that Area51 mods don't necessarily actually care much about the public who is proposing sites. Of course, SE is a private company, and can do with their platform what they wish - but clarity over this issue in a FAQ would be best. – warren Sep 27 '16 at 17:17

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .