Proposal: Strategy

I'm not entirely sure whether this should go under the "science" category, but I am trying to center around the mathematical and scientific study of strategy. Should it stay in this category or move?

Do you mean game theory? – DJClayworth Sep 21 '16 at 3:30

No, it's much more general than that. Game theory is one small aspect of it, but there are many more. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy – RothX Sep 21 '16 at 17:41

Outside of game theory there isn't any such field of study as "the mathematical and scientific study of strategy". Strategy is different in different fields. Is there anybody who is an expert in Strategy, as opposed to military strategy, or marketing strategy, or baseball strategy? – DJClayworth Sep 21 '16 at 17:49

@DJClayworth It is most definitely a field. And yes, there are people who study strategy fundamentally. Obviously things such as military and business strategy have little to do with each other, but there are certain fundamental ideas and tools that can apply to the whole field. Although, I see what you are saying, and this might be a bit more general. How could I change it in a way that would interest you more? – RothX Sep 21 '16 at 21:11

I created a proposal that is more specific for business strategy and improvement - area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/107383/… – Evgeny Mar 6 at 11:50

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .