There was a previous attempt that did not get enough support. The content was moved to http://openscience.uni-bielefeld.de/ and the community is active there. What would be the advantage to start a new attempt instead of using that platform?

Proposal: Open Science

Because this platform offers so many more advantages. Like a wider community. More tools. – Zizouz212 Jul 22 '16 at 21:19
I agree that it would be ideal to have the community at stackexchange.com. But it seems that Open Science is still a too much of a niche topic. This is why the previous attempt (of which I was a committer) did not get enough support to full-fill the required criteria. (PS: downrating my question does not change that fact ...). The platform hosted an Uni Bielefeld is sufficient to serve the community and is actively used. – konrad Jul 23 '16 at 8:11

Stagnant committments make one doubt that the proposal will make it through this attempt. The activity level on the uni-bielefeld page casts even more doubt... – Ghanima Aug 6 '16 at 20:58
I've been very vocal about my disagreement with creating a site off of Stack Exchange, and have strongly disagreed with the mass migration of users and content. I'm not sure the topic of the site was at fault - indeed, users cited timing and lack of commitment as reasons for lack of activity. It's not the platform. Having an isolated platform won't provide much to the community, and Stack Exchange is already well-know, established, and will be able to provide connections to other scientific communities. – Zizouz212 Sep 20 '16 at 23:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .