Proposal: DIY

A lot of the questions here are how do you build this questions. I think it needs to be made clear in the definition stage that this is too broad of a question - that it's a resource explanation or an examination of a certain stage or skill within a build.

Looking at the questions, I found this one that I think is a good example question:

What are the advantages of using [component A] than [component B] when making a quadcopter?

certianly, I just think that currently, people are grasping for easy ideas that they can use to define this stack. – tuskiomi Jul 12 '16 at 14:37

Stack Exchange works really well when questions involve very specific problems that can be clearly and completely answered in space of a post. But pedagogy is not one of the strengths of Stack Exchange, so when every question starts from a position of "teach me how to do {x}", that is not going to make a good Stack Exchange site. And the fact that these questions are being up-voted without challenge does not bode well for this proposal.

Agreed. I like the concept, but it needs a lot of work. – heather Jul 11 '16 at 11:30

I'd like to see what others think, of course. – heather Jul 11 '16 at 11:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .