Proposal: Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry

I had a quick look on some of the non SE-member followers of this proposal today. And I saw that most of them are unregistered despite having 51 reputation.
Up to now I thought that being a registered member means you have confirmed your email. But now I see that they have gained the 50 reputation by confirming their emails but are unregistered yet. So:

• What's the difference between a registered and unregistered member?
  • Will unregistered members of this proposal be notified if the
    proposal enters the commitment phase?
  • Will they be able to commit supposing that they have the minimum reputation on area51 and not any account on other sites?

You don't get notifications for the commitment phase, only for the private beta stage once you're registered as far as I know. – kenorb Jun 28 '16 at 20:41

@kenorb I had once followed the proposal website recommendations (the one before the current one which was closed after fulfilling 75% of its commitment phase) and I got notified when it entered the commitment phase. Here's a picture of that Email. But I was a registered user that time. Generally I want to know what's the difference between a registered and an unregistered user, considering the fact that both of them have verified their email and gained 50+ reputation? – sepideh Jun 28 '16 at 21:35

What's the difference between a registered and unregistered member?

Registered = there is at least one login credential (e.g. a Google account, email/password, etc) attached to the account, so the user can log out and back in using that credential.

Unregistered = the account has no login credentials. The user is "logged in" as long as they have the cookie that was set when they created the account, but if the cookie is lost or the user explicitly logs out without setting up a credential, they'll have to go through account recovery to get back in.

Will unregistered members of this proposal be notified if the proposal enters the commitment phase?

Yes, so long as they verified their email address.

Will they be able to commit supposing that they have the minimum reputation on area51 and not any account on other sites?

There is no minimum reputation requirement for committing to a proposal.

I really don't understand. don't you always have log in credentials when you log in with an open id ? if the answer is yes, then it means that you should be considered registered!!! – sepideh Jun 30 '16 at 22:20

@sepideh Sure, that's true. Unregistered users don't have an OpenID associated with their account. – Adam Lear Jun 30 '16 at 22:21

so how have they logged in to the site? – sepideh Jun 30 '16 at 22:21
They put in their display name and email address and we gave them an authentication cookie that is tied to their account, but there's no login credential. If they lose that cookie for whatever reason, there's no way for them to log in except by going through account recovery and setting a credential at that point. If they used a fake email address... welp, good luck to them. That's how posting "as a guest" works on the actual Q&A sites as well. – Adam Lear Jun 30 '16 at 22:23

Specifically for Area 51, they filled out this form while not logged in to an account, for example: i.stack.imgur.com/GbnCp.png – Adam Lear Jun 30 '16 at 22:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .