Proposal: 3D Graphics

Seems to me that we need to go and do some legwork to find more people to commit to this cause. Any ideas on where to market this stuff welcome. By sharing the idea you do not need to do the work alone. Others can help and a coordinated effort can really help.

Right now we are failing.

On 3D forums, on Facebook (I was thinking of the group "Ten thousand hours")... ? – UKDP May 25 '16 at 13:56

I've already started posted on forums a bit, I did so on reddit for example: reddit.com/r/3DMA/comments/50eywu. Other people helping is good too :) – GiantCowFilms Oct 4 '16 at 14:53

You can make community ads on other SE sites to link to the proposal, like this one:

Thats how I found this site :)

You can get your own 'referrer' tag in the URL by using the URL provided by the 'Share This' button on the proposal page. There are also share buttons for most social media sites.

Yes, thats good. GD.SE allready has one. – joojaa Jun 5 '16 at 5:17

Link on popular 3d facebook groups. – Animatoring Sep 11 '16 at 3:03

Hurrah! My Community add worked! Glad to see you joined the proposal :) – GiantCowFilms Oct 4 '16 at 14:52

We could upvote Community Promotion Ads

(Add those of other appropriate stacks.)

It could be failing due to no one voting to close 3D questions on Graphic Design. Currently there are several 3D questions with no comments letting the questioner know this proposal exists. I've started voting to close the questions as off-topic with:

Welcome to Graphic Design! I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because this is regarding 3D modeling. Please commit to the site proposal for 3D Graphics

If someone were to go through the 3D tags I wouldn't be surprised if the proposal met it's commitment.

Tags:

Well nobody is answering either – joojaa Dec 27 '16 at 19:44

Can't expect change if no one is going to make it. If you want this proposal to exist then those questions would need to be closed and the user informed of this. Not doing it doesn't solve anything. – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Dec 27 '16 at 19:47

Sure your right ive been busy... – joojaa Dec 27 '16 at 21:02

@joojaa it cant be just you and I though – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Dec 27 '16 at 21:03

A few things that would help:

• Do regular marketing, such as advertising and PR to different groups and Internet forums.
  • Similar to what @Wilf said you could create ads and distribute them through the Stack Exchange network.
  • Promote the site on Social media with hashtags. #3D #3dgraphics #3danimation
  • Join social media groups and talk about the site and the potential.
  • Add keywords to the questions and discussions to get the content picked up on Google and other search engines (SEO).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .