When a site's private beta lasts longer than the default 7 days, the progress indicator on the beta tab incorrectly reads “public beta”.

screenshot

2 Answers 2

up vote 4 down vote accepted

This is fixed now.

Our apparently not-so-correct logic tried to avoid querying the database (to determine whether the proposal is actually in private or public beta) by first doing a couple inexpensive checks based on the private-beta start-date, which is already loaded. One of these checks made an invalid assumption about the maximum possible private beta duration.

does it ever say private? if not then it saying public beta is probably just hard coded. if it does say private at some point then yeah, something is being missed.

Yes, usually it says “private beta” while the site is in private beta. I guess the indicator changes automatically after 7 days in beta, rather than following the actual private/public status of the site. –  Gilles Aug 1 '11 at 20:24

@gilles, i've seen that on the actual proposal page, but i guess i haven't seen it say private on the progress bar. –  DForck42 Aug 1 '11 at 20:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .