Proposal: YouTubers

I propose the new name of Video Content Creators. This is for many reasons. The most recently discussed was because "YouTubers" limited the site to only YouTube as a video sharing site for questions to be asked. This new name would include all video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and more.

Also, how would I go about changing a current proposal's name? I am the owner. – sbswim Apr 26 '16 at 20:31

I am not sure because I have never created a proposal myself, but I have seen proposals change name, so it definitely is possible. – Philipp Jul 14 '16 at 18:52

I would suggest you consider the name change to Vloggers instead. Video Content Creators seems to me to expand the breadth of the site to creators of all video including movies, commercials, documentaries, etc. Creating online video for sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Facebook, etc is unique compared to the other forms of video making. I think Vloggers best captures the idea of being a "Youtuber" without the YouTube branding. – user136579 Aug 8 '16 at 2:07

@Tom a Vlog is a type of content that YouTube (and other sites) contain, but it does not represent the broad spectrum of video types that can be created. Audio/music mashups for example, would not feature the creator or another person 'hosting' a show the way a vlog does. Thus I don't think 'Vloggers' would accurately represent what this SE is to be about – Robotnik Sep 20 '16 at 21:02

I agree! You can't think any better name. – Learn How To Be Transparent Oct 4 '16 at 2:55

Could words like "online", "personal", "community" or "social(media)" be included to make the disctinction between this and more traditional TV/movie media creation? – 3N1GM4 Dec 13 '16 at 10:40

Ok thank you everyone for the advice, but how do you actual change the name of the proposal? – sbswim Dec 16 '16 at 15:36

@sbswim There should be an "edit" link somewhere: meta.stackexchange.com/questions/52052/… Also, this proposal might fit better in the Technology category. – Hatchet Dec 20 '16 at 15:28

How about "Short" Video Content Creators, "short" being used to exclude movies and documentaries, or many more things under an hour. Another suggestion is Private Video Content Creators, "Private" being used to mean a video content creator that is a singular person, or small group of people.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .