Proposal: Kannada Language
Did you consider to propose …
- a pan-Indian languages site, which would cover
- all languages spoken and originating in the Indian subcontinent (probably including Pakistan and Bangladesh at least) or
- all languages usually written in a Brahmic script (although Urdu and Hindi mostly differ in that the former is written in the Arabic script), or
- a common Dravidian languages site (Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu etc.) or
- a site for languages written in the very similar Kannada and Telugu scripts (Malayalam and Sinhala are a bit more different as far as I know, Tamil even more so)
Stack Exchange favors existing communities for new sites. Native speakers, of course, usually know better than a foreigner like me which language groups have close enough bounds. I just want to mention the possibility, because a larger potential user base that’s still somewhat homogenic should increase the chance of the proposal (and later beta) being successful. A common nation, script or language family should help with that, but doesn’t have to.