Many if not all questions for this proposal would be on-topic for Skeptics.SE.

Proposal: Paranormal

It is not, as it assumes such things doesn't exist in the first place and trying to find every possible theory to deny it. E.g. when I've sent the link to UFO on Google Maps they said it is pair of shoes hanging from the powerline and the question was removed. It's not possible to ask about such things or anything serious there, because ... they're so "skeptics" that deny every possible evidence. So this is complete opposite of Paranormal scope. – kenorb Mar 7 '16 at 18:05
@kenorb I think making assumptions about anything at all is explicitly what Skeptics is against! – Tom Medley Mar 7 '16 at 18:06
I don't think any of skeptic can get any of this anytime. Paranormal researchers and Skeptics/scientists are performing on completely different brain areas and decoding different concepts of our reality in different point of views. Their reality is based on these 10 false assumptions of science, paranormal reality is completely opposite. So for the same question, you'll get different answers, because understanding of reality is different. So subject is not covered at all. – kenorb Mar 7 '16 at 18:14

I also asked a question about a UFO part on Skeptics: skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/35633/… – Chloe Mar 6 at 3:12

That does not ring true to me at all. Have you look at the example questions? Whether you believe in this stuff or not, discussion about the inner working of paranormal phenomenon is not a subject of Skeptics at all. Skeptics is about examining the (true or false) premise behind notable claims. In the context of a paranormal site, questioning someone belief system — posting comments or answers exclaiming "How can you believe in this stuff?!" — is not generally allowed on any belief-based site… so it will almost certainly not be allowed on Paranormal.

Fair enough, this one seems a little... less rigorous than some of the other faith-based SEs. – Tom Medley Mar 7 '16 at 20:10

It isn't. For example, my example questions

would not be on-topic on Skeptics.SE but they would be completely on topic on Paranormal.SE.

Edit

(I don't know why, but I kept getting logged out when trying to post the following as a comment. This doesn't happen on other SEs. Software glitch?)

@fredley - Paranormal.SE won't be faith-based. "How can you believe in this stuff?" probably won't be allowed, sure. But parapsychology will be on-topic, for those of the scientific faith or who wish to discuss its contribution in this area.

Re: bug, you may report it at meta.SE. There are actually two different domains area51 and discuss.area51 (so cookie works differently), so once you're logged in, you could not logged in on another one. – kenorb Mar 14 '16 at 12:51
I don't think How can you believe in this stuff? would be off-topic on any faith SE. I think (for the purpose of sorting Stack Exchanges) faith-based can be assumed to be about a topic that most people do not believe in (e.g. most people are not Christians, most people are not Muslims, most people are not atheists, most people do not believe in aliens). – Tom Medley Mar 14 '16 at 12:51
@kenorb Maybe it's a poltergeist? – Tom Medley Mar 14 '16 at 12:51
I'm not on any SE that might be called "faith-based", so can't talk from personal experience, but I thought @RobertCartaino was stating things how they are on such sites when he said they generally don't allow questions of the type "How can you believe in this stuff?". That should apply to Paranormal.SE too. I'm not sure of the ramifications of the "most people" train of thought. Most people aren't scientific rationalists. And even most scientists aren't wholly scientific rationalists. – ruffle Mar 15 '16 at 17:07
Thanks @kenorb. I was just about to report a bug, but then managed to get in - I'm not sure how! – ruffle Mar 15 '16 at 17:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .