Proposal: Romanian Language & Usage

I'm currently in Romania and trying to teach myself Romanian with the help of Romanian friends, a couple of books, and the Internet. I don't know any other Romanian language forums and I keep thinking of questions that I want to ask. Can I start one of these discussions and maintain a list of such questions while I wait for the site to begin?

Here's an example: Where did "hai hui" come from? Should it be spelled with or without a hyphen? And Can I use it in different tenses?

closed as off topic by Dori Jul 22 '11 at 4:47

Questions on Area 51 Discussions are expected to relate to a Stack Exchange site proposal, the Area 51 process, or the Area 51 software within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

and if you get me on EnglishLAnguageSE chat, you may ask me there. "haihui" comes from Turkish:hayhay – Theta33 Aug 2 '11 at 19:14

No, this is not the place to ask questions on a topic—for that, you'll have to wait for the site to launch.

Ouch such a lot of faith in my overtaxed memory! (-; – hippietrail Jul 22 '11 at 6:28

@hippietrail: Use a note-taking or online document site (google docs, catch notes, evernote, etc) and start a document/note with a list of things you want to post if the right site ever opens up. Meanwhile rally support for the site so it get's created! – Caleb Jul 25 '11 at 12:28

@Caleb: Sadly nobody I know shares my passion for languages or if they do they don't also share my passion for nerdy Internet sites. (-: At least I post links to them on Facebook and nobody joins up... – hippietrail Jul 25 '11 at 12:32

sigh...I don't get this struggle. Honestly, it happens and happens again and again - people start answering example question, not only evaluating them, then those answers are deleted. People de-facto are evaluating example questions also through the answers. – shabunc Nov 8 '16 at 3:55

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .