I am much into Geography and always eager to learn about various maps , geographical information, Geo Politics and much more.

So can we start new Geography brnach of stack exchange network?

Edit Looks like the Proposal: Geography was made after this question was posted. Providing link to group under discussion.

You mean something like Geographic Information Systems or gis.stackexchange.com – James Jenkins Dec 15 '15 at 15:02

@JamesJenkins No, I mean it should include Countries all the facts relating to map,flag,national things,geography,culture,people,tribes,mountains,rivers,land‌​scaspes,geopolitics,‌​etc things , Like this cheannel youtube.com/user/GeographyNow – eirenaios Dec 15 '15 at 15:12

@eirenaios can you remove the channel link from the proposal? – Avery Dec 15 '15 at 15:34
I have edited the link out of the description. – James Jenkins Dec 15 '15 at 15:39

@JamesJenkins thanks go on! – eirenaios Dec 15 '15 at 15:40

Off to a great start 6 questions and 5 followers in less than an hour :) – James Jenkins Dec 15 '15 at 15:50

oh yeah! :D Happy And Excited ! – eirenaios Dec 15 '15 at 16:31
up vote 1 down vote accepted

It does not hurt to make the proposal, but before you do think of 5 really good questions that would help define it. A flaw that some proposal have had is to focus on current events, which just does not fit well on SE. You will want questions that are in scope for your proposal, not current affairs and not in scope at http://history.stackexchange.com/

There was a map making / Cartography proposal a few months ago it gained some support but did not manage to launch. Expending on that scope sounds like what you want to do, so your idea has some promise.

See also Proposal Viability(chat) – James Jenkins Dec 15 '15 at 15:21

Thanks, I have allready created new proposal area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/93500/… – eirenaios Dec 15 '15 at 15:25
@eirenaios Yeah, just saw that and had a link. – James Jenkins Dec 15 '15 at 15:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .