Proposal: Embedded Systems

This appears to be a duplicate of the Embedded Systems site that entered private beta about 10 days ago.

• Unfortunately there is discussion to close the private beta. Aug 7, 2015 at 22:18

1 Answer 1

The Embedded Systems private beta will be shutting down next Friday. There was a suggestion by a Robotics pro-temp moderator, Andrew, to merge four sites together: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Robotics and Embedded Systems.

I then thought it would be a good idea to open a site proposal for such a new, broad site. However, I now realise that was not a good idea. It would be better to first poll the respective communities, and work closely together with the SE, Inc. team if there is enthusiasm for a broad site. After all, it would be a relatively special situation.

This is why I now deleted this proposal and opened questions on the three metas to ask what the communities would think about a merge and if and how their site would benefit from it. You can find these questions here: Arduino, Raspberry Pi and Robotics.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .