Proposal : Computer Graphics
Proposal : 3D Graphics, Modeling & Animation

Everything is in the title.

Did you compare the example questions? They are very different in scope – JohnB Jul 31 '15 at 13:37

@sambler updated – user2284570 Mar 22 '16 at 12:57
If you have a new concern about a duplicate, you can make a new question. Please don't invalidate the existing answers by completely changing the scope of your question. That being said, this proposal is not a duplicate of Graphic Design, either. – JohnB Apr 8 '16 at 15:22
up vote 22 down vote accepted

Computer Graphics is for programmers who specialize in writing computer graphics software. This proposal is for artists who specialize using 3D computer graphics. There is a big difference.

+1. It's the difference between writing graphics software and using graphics software. – trichoplax Aug 1 '15 at 18:43
Incidentally can this answer be taken as a statement that this site is geared more towards art than technical / engineering modelling? If so that'd be a nice statement, because it would clarify the line between this and the CAD proposal. And clarity makes me happy. – Jason C Dec 25 '15 at 21:23
the difference between writing and using is a better example. This doesn't really clarify what user bases get to join in. Also, plenty of designers use CAD . . . so yeah, that won't help :/ – GiantCowFilms Dec 25 '15 at 23:30

The distinction between users and writers becomes murky when we talk about scripting or writing plugins for existing CG packages. In my mind, those types of questions would belong here in 3D graphics, not Computer Graphics. I wonder if some might not argue the opposite. – eestrada Apr 15 '16 at 3:52

@eestrada There is an entire question on that. The prevailing answer agrees with you though: discuss.area51.stackexchange.com/a/23306/111193 – GiantCowFilms Apr 15 '16 at 4:19

@GiantCowFilms I noticed that question right after posting my comment. I should read a bit more before opening my pie hole. :/ – eestrada Apr 15 '16 at 4:22

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .