I've seen a few proposals that involve cars, like maintenance and repair, electric cars.

Has there ever been a generic cars proposal posted here on Area51?

How is it possible that such a general question can be downvoted for? – Jacob Jan Tuinstra Feb 28 '15 at 19:36

There is site Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair in beta launch. You can view it's Area51 page here

Edit: the new Proposal Cars does not a define a scope different than the existing site, and as mentioned in my comments is not viable.

That's not an answer to my question. I've seen that one and the electric one. – Jacob Jan Tuinstra Feb 21 '15 at 6:29
I guess I am not seeing what would be covered by a "generic" car proposal that is not covered Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. Pretty much everything automotive that is SE appropriate is in scope there. – James Jenkins Feb 21 '15 at 10:45

So, that would be a No? – Jacob Jan Tuinstra Feb 21 '15 at 10:47
That would be a "what exactly are you asking"? "generic cars proposal" is not a clear description. Had such a proposal be suggested, with only that description it would have quickly faded away, been deleted and left no record. – James Jenkins Feb 21 '15 at 11:15

Ok, thanks James. – Jacob Jan Tuinstra Feb 21 '15 at 11:15

I will remove the proposal reference in my post and start a new one myself. As I'm not a native English speaker, perhaps I wanted "generic" to be "general". – Jacob Jan Tuinstra Feb 22 '15 at 17:41

Automotive Culture I proposed a few days before cars. I like my title better, but I like the example questions at cars for the scope of it.

I love the ideal for a Q&A site about the culture and history of cars that would be different then the repair of cars.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .