Proposal: Java Mobiles

Proposal: Andoid Devices

Which "Java Based Mobile Operating Systems" is 'Java Mobiles' focussing on, not counting those already covered by 'Android Devices'?

i.e. the so-called "feature phones" or "dumb phones" with custom-built OSes that are always almost based on Java (with the rare few running on UNIX). – Ducky Aug 18 '14 at 8:03
Why would anyone care whether their feature phone was running a Java-based OS, and why would you have separate sites for Java-OS and Unix OS feature phones? If we want a site for feature phones, why not call it 'Feature Phones'? – DJClayworth Aug 18 '14 at 14:25

This site is to discuss basic phones on java os too. Not just featured phones. – Kolappan Nathan Aug 18 '14 at 18:50

Many featured phones and some basic phones are running on java os.

Though featured phones may have lost their market to android phones there are still many who use them in developing countries.

Other than featured phones many other basic phones are running on java based os. This site aims to cover them all and not just featured phones. Also the Android phones are not to be discussed in this site.

Why not have a site to ask questions about all basic phones, not just Java OS based ones? The average user is unlikely to know whether their basic phone is running a Java OS or not. How will they know if they can ask a question on this site? – DJClayworth Aug 18 '14 at 20:27

A site for basic phones will not include the featured phones which is more common in use. We could add some popular java phones list to the description. – Kolappan Nathan Aug 19 '14 at 17:40
You misunderstand me. Why not all feature and basic phones? Why just Java-based ones? Users won't care if it's Java-based or not. – DJClayworth Aug 19 '14 at 18:15

That could be nice. Suggest a title. – Kolappan Nathan Aug 20 '14 at 18:53

Feature Phones? Simple Phones? Phones? – DJClayworth Aug 20 '14 at 19:53

These names could create a lot of confusion than java phones. Feature phones clearly not speaks for basic mobiles. Phones could also mean android. Simple phones is uncommon than java phones. I would like a name that would include both featured and basic phones. – Kolappan Nathan Aug 21 '14 at 11:58

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .