Proposal: Computer Graphics

During the definition phase, should we repeat question from previous proposal? Or should we focus on new questions? Also, what about the questions made during the previous private beta, can we repeat them here? For example, one of my question there still open, should I repeat it here?

2 Answers 2

Questions from previous proposal:

Let's reuse as many as are appropriate. Any that seem to overlap with GameDev we can leave behind, so that we're really focused on being distinctive this time.

Questions from the previous private beta:

A good real question on beta is not necessarily going to fit into the short space of a simple example question in a proposal. Any that do fit, use them, provided they are not GameDev questions.

We'll need plenty of additional questions too, just keep them coming...

According to this answer by SE Community Manager @ana-hevesi, questions from the previous private beta will not be migrated but stored in data dumps.

I think it would be an excellent idea to repeat at least the most popular of those questions: High quality questions should attract more users (and experts).

Also the reasons for the closure of the previous proposal suggested that there was a problem with the volume of questions (or lack of volume). Therefore it will seem a good thing to add a maximum of questions this time, and using those from the previous proposal would certainly help.
Of course, involving more experts/professionals/enthusiasts in the activity of this new site is probably the most important point. The site needs more publicity.

+1 we definitely need as many experts (in different specific areas) as we can get. We'll all be asking more questions in the next private beta too, and keeping track from day 1. Jul 31, 2014 at 17:56
    I'll add the list of the questions from the definition phase of the previous proposal, just for convenience: area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/61961?phase=definition
    – wip
    Jul 31, 2014 at 17:56
    Thanks for the link wil - I'm off to add my previous questions now (excluding any that are too GameDev...) Jul 31, 2014 at 17:57
  • Cool, I'll copy a few popular ones with the number of votes I am allowed.
    – wip
    Jul 31, 2014 at 18:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .