Proposal: Puzzling

Is posting some picture puzzle and asking for answer on-topic? What I'm saying is if I post a picture like

enter image description here

and ask to relate them.

Hint : The answer is related to respect.

Will this be on topic?

Programming Puzzles follows this kind of tradition where OP asked about something to do and most-upvoted or correct answer get approved.

However the answer is homage.

WHY?

The first pic depicts lego portraying the famous scene from godfather hence they are paying homage to the greatness of this iconic scene....paying homage is a more common thing in artistic world. Search for this on google "lego homage to godfather".

The second pic depicts the BYD which is a chinese car manufacturer, a company famous for ripping of designs and techniques of BMW which is a common among chinese manufacturer. They keep their logo and name similar to that of BMW which is considered paying respect (homage).

However this can be fun!

2 Answers 2

My gut feeling would argue No, such puzzles are not on-topic.

The type of puzzle you used in your example is that the answer is a bit too "open-ended" (I can't find a better word, suggestions are welcome). There is no easy way to "test" or even "know" if an answer is correct or not.

Take for instance this puzzle as a good example: Logic puzzle: Which octopus is telling the truth? Once you have found it, you can tell with complete certainty "Yes, I got the answer right."

They may be entertaining, but I'm guessing most puzzle solvers are more interested in "getting it right" than "being the most popular"; plus, it's more difficult to gauge your own answer if the question is old.

For a more "official" answer, although permitted, not many are a fan of those types of "answer by popularity contest: StackOverflow Blog: Let’s Play The Guessing Game

A wuzzle may be on topic. enter image description here

• 3.Bold chance 4.Heartbreak others are? Mar 1, 2014 at 13:47
  • @tintinmj These are my guesses: 1. Lowering/sinking temperature 2. Two under par (I'm no golfer, but is that an Eagle?) 3. Fat chance 4. Heartbreak (or broken heart) 5. Hot under the collar 6. Head in the sand
    – IQAndreas
    Mar 12, 2014 at 19:06
  • Since wuzzles have only one correct answer each, and aren't open to interpretation, then yes, I would agree that they are on-topic.
    – IQAndreas
    Mar 12, 2014 at 19:07
  • For those of you who tried to solve it, here is the answers: 1. Falling Temperature 2. Two Under Par 3. Fat Chance 4. Broken Heart 5. Hot Under the Collar 6. Head in the Sand Mar 12, 2014 at 23:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .