Propuestas:

This proposal is to create a StackEchange site which subject is exactly the same as StackOverflow, but in a different language: Spanish.

I'm StackOverflow frequent user and I'm sure there are others involved in the process... IMHO site definition, by voting on-topic or off-topic questions is really not necessary, as we know what's valid in StackOvervlow and what is not valid there, and we can refer to StackOverflow way to do things when in dispute.

The effort, for sure, is to translate that things to the average Spanish speaker user.

I'm not against the phases of area51, I think the site proposal has to get enough followers, commitment and beta... this question is just about on-topic and off-topic questions which seems not really necessary.

@Dori: please, as stated in the last pargraph of my question (maybe you read it before my almost immediate edit): this question is just about on-topic and off-topic questions which seems not really necessary (as the topic (on-topic, off-topic) is already defined by the parent site: StackOverflow –  jachguate Mar 19 '11 at 0:51

@Dori: It looks not to difficult, but I noticed the average proposal followers do not vote on questions, obviously they do not understand the process, nor have the info to know about it in a convenient way, what leads me to this other question: how can we get people who follow a proposal in another language to also review the questions and answers. At this moment I don't think the Area51 process will change for this particular proposal, I just want to put the subject on the table to make decision makers of the process think about it. –  jachguate Mar 19 '11 at 17:41

@Dori, did you read my other question? –  jachguate Mar 21 '11 at 15:29

@Dori, many thanks, I hope you get the idea, I'm trying to be clear. I'm posting this discussion not becauase I think the process will change for this particular proposal, but I think it's good to talk about the process for sites with the same subject as existing sites but different language. The other post is a hope for a space to get a chance to explain the followers about the area51 process, in their own language, not in a foreign language they do not necessarily understand. –  jachguate Mar 21 '11 at 22:21

possible duplicate of Are Stack Overflow (in language x) proposals actually viable? –  Tobias Kienzler Jan 11 '12 at 12:13

I agree that it's not really necessary. But since it's a requirement, let's just work through it, with the community we have. If the people who follow use their votes, we should reach the threshold. –  Walter Mitty Sep 22 '12 at 10:35

Now also this one. –  JMCF125 Jun 18 '13 at 21:52
add comment

2 Answers 2

Yes.

For this example, it isn't so much the content of the example questions that is relevant, but making sure that the community is there.

My making people define, upvote questions, you ensure that you've got an engaged enough community to make a beta successful.

add comment

I think it's more practical to work through the requirements that it is to try to get one of the requirements waived in this case.

I have a suggestion with regard to votes on example questions. What is really needed is 40 questions with 10 votes each. Don't waste your votes. If a question you like already has more than 10 votes, consider voting for a question that has 8 or 9 votes instead. That way we'll get to the magic 40 sooner.

He usado mis cinco votos en preguntas ejemplares que sólo tienen diez votos. Si estas preguntas llegan a tener más de diez votos, cambiaré mis votos para aumentar los votos para preguntas que tienen casi diez votos. Como ya he dicho, estoy de acuerdo que la definición de SO en español debería ser paralela a la de SO en inglés. Pero persisto en la opinión de que más vale proceder con los requisitos que tratar de obtener una excepción.

Practical... yes, we and other proposals are going trough the process, but I'm still think it is not needed. –  jachguate Sep 25 '12 at 0:46
add comment

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .