Proposal: Kanban

I agree about keeping focus on Kanban. If we were to narrow it even further, a suggested title modification could be: "Kanban in software development". If we have Kanban in general, we should at least be very clear about the difference between product development/ continually making something new, and manufacturing/ routine, maybe through wise use of tags.

However, it's not David Anderson's system, even if we all listen to him... See, e.g., the Personal Kanban site. Also, I think http://crisp.se/kanban has good descriptions of Kanban in software development (for inspiration when finding a good description).

Suggested (start of) description:

Proposed Q&A site for questions about Kanban, especially in software development...

closed as too localized by Dori Sep 17 '11 at 1:15

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I am open to improving the description and possibly the title, but still unsure which way to go. I don't know if it has that much to do with software development, that was almost merely the environment it came from.I do think it is important to distinguish it from the way the word kanban has been used in e.g. lean manufacturing though. – Kurt Mar 15 '11 at 11:25

I'm not sure which way to go, either :) I agree about distinction between manufacturing and product development (as I see it). But such distinction can be within the site, f.ex. with tags. – Ingvald Mar 15 '11 at 11:46

It seems this should be part of the existing Project Management site, which has a Kanban tag. – New Alexandria Oct 28 '12 at 3:11

Browse other questions tagged .