Proposal: Kanban

The description mentions David Andreson, who applied Kanban method to software engineering. If this proposal is only about software development process management, then it is a subset of http://pm.stackexchange.com.

There might be an audience for a general "Lean Thinking" StackExchange site, targeted at people from different industries, who use advanced management methods to control and optimize their operations. People like managers, who have read and reread Liker's "The Toyota Way" many times.

closed as too localized by Dori Sep 17 '11 at 1:16

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Great minds think alike? discuss.area51.stackexchange.com/questions/1212/… I entered this at exactly the same time as you... =:-) –  Wikis Mar 15 '11 at 9:21

Go to the ProjectManagement site and search by the Kanban tag –  New Alexandria Oct 28 '12 at 3:12
add comment

2 Answers 2

As I said in reply to the other thread, I think to widen the subject matter too widely is to underestimate the nuance (and therefore amount of help) present in a Kanban implementation.

I accept the point you're trying to make, I'm simply not sure that it's a good idea to widen it and risk not being able to help people effectively.

Moreover I'm immediately slightly concerned that you're referring to Lean Thinking in manufacturing, which often has a significant differences to Lean principles when applied to software (it's much more like Lean Product Development, though further differences remain).

add comment

pm.stackexchange is for project management which is quite distinct from software process methodology. It would be equally inappropriate to jam all Agile or RUP discussion into pm.stackexchange.

add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .