Am I stupid. Where is the button to start proposal. A new site???

I am not stupid and I have this same question 39 seconds ago while struggling like 3 minutes finding how to submit proposals... I read the whole faq and stuff, I was about to open a post about this... This is absurd – ajax333221 May 22 '12 at 0:25

Go to the Main site, pick your category to the left, and scroll to the bottom to propose a new site.

There is only eight categories on the main page. Are you telling me that your proposals must fight such narrow constraints? This is non-intuitive which confuses and frustrates people trying to find the afore mentioned button. – user273872 Dec 16 '15 at 2:03

@user273872 it's not an exhaustive cataloging system. Categories are simply a way to group roughly-related audiences together. In six years and 7,000+ proposals, I've never had someone suggest there wasn't enough categories. What is your proposal topic? We'll find the best category for you. – Robert Cartaino Dec 16 '15 at 2:09

My idea is that there should be a place where people can ask their questions, and as an answer have people categorize the question to a specific stack exchange network. I think this would be useful because there are more and more people categorizing new questions on their favorite stacks as of topic, and then refusing to help find a relevant network. – user273872 Dec 16 '15 at 2:15

I guess maybe that would be technology? – user273872 Dec 16 '15 at 2:16

@user273872 I see. That's really what meta.stackexchange.com is for, so that doesn't really categorize as an area of expertise to build a community around. Sorry about the confusion. – Robert Cartaino Dec 16 '15 at 2:21

How about a place for every question that seems like a legitimate, worthwhile question, and yet doesn't belong on the other networks? – user273872 Dec 16 '15 at 2:30

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .