It's just come to my attention that one my proposals (Paper Craft) has been missing from my profile and my example questions have disappeared. I had no idea if it had been merged or deleted.

The only way I could track the proposal was by going to my list of badges to see which proposal earned me the Caucus badge. It said that the proposal was deleted for being inactive.

Ideally there should be some sort of warning to followers or at least the proposals creator, either a week before it's deleted or after it's deletion.

1 Answer 1

I marked your feature-request [status-deferred] for the simple reason that we're not likely to add any major infrastructure changes like this to Area 51. If you'd like to see why, check out this post:

Next-Generation Area 51

I agree in principle though that there should be more transparency about where the proposal went. It's just one of those features that we never quite got to. Remember that abandoned proposals are deleted because they've had absolutely no activity for over a month. That means no new questions, no comments, no voting… nothing. So the vast vast vast vast majority of the time, there's nothing to notice.

That aside, I understand and agree with your main point.

I hope it's being considered for the Next-Gen Area 51.
    – Ambo100
    May 9, 2012 at 18:06
  • So does that me we should go ahead and recreate the proposals tend?
    – rjzii
    May 9, 2012 at 23:44
  • @RobZ Do you mean recreate the abandoned proposal? Sure, anyone is free to propose the site again if they feel they are better able to recruit a critical mass of supporters. But if nothing has changed since the first time around, the site isn't likely to be created by the current audience of Area 51... and you might just be blocking someone else who may come along with a better idea or the means of getting it created a second time around. I wouldn't recreate a recently abandoned proposal unless there is a renewed energy or some new ideas and effort to get it actually launched. May 10, 2012 at 0:57
  • Well, I think there were about ten people that were following the "Interior Design" proposal and at least one of them asked me where it went.
    – rjzii
    May 10, 2012 at 1:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .