If this site is only for people teaching computer science, there would be an extremely small audience. This should be expanded to include people learning code at school.

Proposal: Computer Science Educators

• Schools teach computer science too...
    – Rory
    Jan 1, 2016 at 21:25
  • @Rory Yes, but the way this site is phrased makes it look like it's only for the teachers. It should be for the students, too.
    – Elliot A.
    Jan 1, 2016 at 21:56

1 Answer 1

@Elliot - I imagine most of the students would ask questions that could be asked on Stack Overflow (e.g., I go so-and-so error message, now what?). CS educators would have a entirely different set of questions hence this proposal.

Regarding the audience size - educators can include coding bootcamp instructors, parents, and even people teaching themselves (e.g., where can I find Java self-study material?). And given the number of schools which are starting to launch CS classes, I imagine the audience may start small- to medium-sized but have an incredible growth rate. We should set-up this community in anticipation of this growth.

"where can I find Java self-study material" is a horrible question since it is answerable by Google alone.
    – Raphael
    Jun 12, 2016 at 10:57

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .